Entrepreneurship and SME in the Digital Age
Jasmina Omerbegović-Bijelović, PhD
- Founder and head of Master’s degree module „Entrepreneurial management od SME“ (until 2004) – at FOS (FON), UB,
- Manager od the Centre for entrepreneurship and SMEs management (since 2006) – at FOS (FON), UB,
- Professor – teaching at FOS (FON), UB, and publishing, on the following topics: Entrepreneurship and SME management, Business opportunities, Business planning, Entrepreneurial ventures, Startups, Franchizing, Quality improvement (of Entrepreneurial SME management) and problem solving, Entrepreneurship in the public sector etc.
Vladimir Marinković, PhD,
manager of the family run firm SUNCE – Marinković, Kragujevac
The modern day (national) economy should be competitive in the global market – in the markets of: business ideas, organizational principles, information etc. In order to survive (read: Export!), it is necessary to ensure the targeted product and/or service quality standards, as well as to minimize costs, deadlines, unused managerial reserves and similar. One of the most promising ways to success in that is using entrepreneurship; it ensures: a) Recognizing and using business opportunities in the new (especially in digitalized) business environment – through connections/chains/grids/networks; b) Creating and realizing original solutions for products and services, processes, resources and business systems structures and c) Solving business/managerial problems and improving management quality for all business systems, as well as SMEs. As a result, new business ideas,
new products/services, new jobs (and workplaces), new values, new inspiration for growth, development and survival in a dynamic environment are generated.
In order to achieve the above mentioned goals, researchers ought to focus on: a) Personal characteristics and competencies of the entrepreneur; b) Support (of the State, large companies, SME business partners); c) Creativity, innovation, partnership and networking; d) Problem solving and quality improvement in managing of all objects and processes (by value analysis, value engineering, rationalisation, innovation, creation and other ways of driving quality forward) in
managing of companies and the economy (with other non-economic areas of the society as the consumer and value creator) and, especially, SMEs.
In this track of SymOrg 2018 the results of original research and recommendations for improving the entrepreneurial culture and practise in Serbia (and wider) are expected – through the below mentioned and other entrepreneurial strands/topics/areas.
Date and time
Will be announced soon
- Entrepreneurship – Models, Resources, Tools and Values for Stakeholders
- Entrepreneurship Strands
- SME Management and Development in the Digital Age
- Support for Entrepreneurship and SME Business
- Business Ideas and Entrepreneurial Opportunities
- Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice for Business Ideas, New Working Places and Exporting
- Entrepreneurial Education and Literacy
- SME Networking in the Digital Age
- Entrepreneurial Undertaking and Business Plans
|April 23||Deadline for paper submission|
|May 7||Notification of paper acceptance|
|May 18||Deadline for early-bird registration|
|June 1||Deadline for standard registration|
|June 07 - 10||Symposium|